To give an idea of the type of work we carry out, If your range has failed you may wish a repair for the problem that has occurred.
We replace oven/grill elements, selector switches, Oven thermostats and clocks.
The most common faults are the ovens not cooking correctly meaning the selector switch is faulty or there is an oven element not working.
Another common fault is the door hinges not closing, allowing heat and steam to escape from the oven.
We stock all door hinges and door seals, also we do a Britannia door glass reconditioning repair, when the glass falls away from the door.
If the cooker has a number of faults it may be best to book a Safety Service.
This is a very thorough check over the Range, Gas Safe recommend that it is carried out once every year.
around 3 hrs is spent working on the cooker, the following procedures are carried out.
- Electrical Earth safety and electrical resistance testing.
- Full Gas safety check on the gas and electric cookers. Including checking the gas/air mix, low flame settings, Jet settings on LPG cookers.
- Full inspection of the brass burners for optimum performance of the hob.
- All electrical elements are checked and replaced only if necessary, the cooling fan is tested along with the large oven circulation fan.
- The selector switches are removed and checked for arcing and burning.
- The oven thermostats are tested and recorded temperature on the service sheet.
- The cooker is checked for being level.Door alighnment checked along with hinge wear.
A certificate is issued with all readings and tests recorded.
All work carried out is covered by a 12 mth guarantee on labour and parts, if after a Safety Service in the 12 mths another fault occurs,there will be no labour charge only a parts charge
covering the new fault.
Reconditioning Safety Service
This includes all of the above plus.......
- Splitting of oven doors for thorough cleaning, degreasing and putting back together.
- Polishing of all burner rings/skirts to give shinny finish.
- This Safety Service does take longer as obviously more labour intensive.
We carry all functional spares on the van, it is unlikely we would need to make a 2nd visit to complete a job.